Rune Hohenheim, is the owner of the popular Book & Bar and a Substitute Science & Chemistry teacher for Midtown School of Science and Technology, she is a quiet woman who will watch before acting unless there is someone unable to protect themselves.
Small, Nerdy, Quite; three descriptors to describe Rune. She has fair skin and a clear complexion. She has soft features and an angular jaw that looks more rounded. Her cheekbones sit high on her face, making her face seem more feminine. Rune's eyes are large and long, thick, black lashes to frame them. Her eyes are a dark hazel, black in the shadows.
Rune has short, messy brown hair that has a natural semi-curl to it. Her face is framed with some thin bangs. Across her body, excluding her sternum is covered with Angelic Runes, though they look like well-placed tattoos.
Her wardrobe is quite small, being that she moved to Brooklyn not too long ago after selling or donating all her clothes, she is mostly seen in black or her 'work' attire which is fitted black pants, black flats and a black collared button-up with the sleeves pulled to her elbows showing a few of her runes.
Rune is a quiet woman, who is found with her nose in books more often than not. Otherwise, she's experimenting. A prodigy student who found herself hating what she studied, and eventually went down the path of finding out her history.
She is quite reserved and will often protect those who can't protect themselves.
[ Family ]
|Thomas Jones||Great-Uncle †|
|Ellie Jones (Ellie Grant)||Great-Grandmother †|
|Alric Hohenheim||Father †|
|Vanessa Hohenheim||Mother †|
|Karla Hohenheim||Younger Sister|
Alchemy is, the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. This act is known as "Transmutation" and its sequence is usually described as:
Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.
The proper application of this craft requires not only a full understanding of chemistry and ancient alchemical theory but also a sort of natural talent towards recognizing and manipulating the physical objects with energy, which require uncommon levels of intelligence and aptitude. Those remarkable individuals capable of studying and practising alchemy are known as "Alchemists".
There are many paths by which alchemists can transmute the various substances of the world, with some alchemists being said to transmute by way of the Four Classical Elements (Water, Earth, Fire, and Air) and some by way of the Three Essential Principles (salt, sulphur, and mercury), but the basic tenet at the very foundation of all alchemy is that of Equivalent Exchange.
Rune having previously studied alchemy prior to many things unfolding, she has emended knowledge of Equivalent Exchange, the Gate of Truth, and Transmutations. With her talent, Rune is able to fundamentally utilise Alchemy in the basis of creating elixirs for healing.
As a result of having passed through The Gate and witnessing the Truth, Rune became one of the few alchemists who does not require a drawn Transmutation Circle to perform alchemical transmutations. By merely touching her palms together, she creates an energy circulation with her arms and transmutes by using her own will as a substitute for the necessary runes. This remarkable talent makes Rune’s transmutations both instantaneous and incredibly versatile, allowing her to use alchemy to its fullest potential in direct combat.
An adaptation of Alchemy, Rune can formulate symbols that can cause special events to occur, depending on the symbol that empowers her. The more symbols of a particular foundation can enhance her and whatever she en scripts. The more accurate the script the stronger the effect of the script.
For Rune, she looked into Runes as a means to strengthen her body to make it more durable. Across her body, she has carved into her skin different angelic runes; Resistance, Awareness, Courage in Combat, Endurance, Equilibrium to name a few.
As a result of the runes carved into her body, Rune's physical abilities are above regular humans, beyond what can be emulated via natural training and with little to no maintaining. This entails that she is faster, stronger and overall superior to other humans, without being obviously supernatural.
- Immunity: Rune has higher immunity to toxins that other humans due to the runes on her body. However, she still can get infected as time goes by.
- Longevity: As a result of passing through the Gate, Rune's lifespan is a lot longer than humans. Her aging is decelerated, she has yet to figure out the difference.
- Reflexes: Rune has drastically enhanced reaction speed, allowing her to dodge bullets, catch flies in mid-air, dodge and maneuver around complex attacks, catch falling objects, block detriments and react instantaneously to what others take more time to react to.
- Athleticism: Despite being more of a reader than a do-er, Rune possesses athletic abilities beyond even the most dedicated training.
- Survivability: Due to what has happened to her family, and what enabled her to go to the Gate, Rune can survive things that average humans, allowing her to overcome things that would be detrimental to her life. Overcoming physical pain doesn't stop Rune from taking damage and/or dying.If Rune's mental state isn't high then she will be unable to overcome the physical problems.
- Peak Human Intelligence; Rune is incredibly intelligent even before realising she has the ability to use Alchemy. She is able to use her brain more efficiently, she can memorize any knowledge instantly without any mistakes, and process information at a much faster rate, possess amazing skills of deduction and reasoning and possesses an extensive scientific knowledge. Rune has a special level of intelligence with biochemistry, chemistry and physiology.
- Multilingual: Rune is a fluent speaker of Japanese, German, Latin, Celtic and English.
- If Rune is mentally unstable, her abilities are unable to be accurate. Accuracy is detrimental for Transmutations and being able to overcome physical obstacles.
- Rune is bound to follow the Laws of Equivalent Exchange. The basic law of Alchemy of which nothing is gained without something of equal value being lost.
- She is human by genetics and can die very similar to that of a human.
Trivia & Quotes
- Runes are symbols in ancient Germanic alphabets. They are often viewed as mysterious and therefore as a name, Rune imparts a feeling of folkloric mystery.
- Rune is an English name meaning Secrets.
- Hohenheim is of German origin, meaning High Home, Disambiguation.
© tia 2019 | All content on our pages is original, and any similarities are purely coincidental.